- It is NOT required to upload your contact book in order to use CallApp.
- Only if you check the get Free access to additional features and Caller IDs checkbox, you agree to allow CallApp to upload and store your phonebook contacts. CallApp will NOT let anyone search for people by their name or any phrase. It will only allow (in the future) businesses and organizations to be searched by their name and title. Once uploaded, your contact book is stored securely on our servers and you can be assured that we have taken the necessary precautions in order to protect your data from any unauthorized and/or malicious access. CallApp does not share your contact book with 3rd party and/or other users.
- Your social information displayed to other people is subjected to the restrictions and permissions that you have defined in your account in each of your social networks. For instance, if your Facebook profile is only open to your friends on Facebook, then only they will see your profile information when accessing your contact in CallApp. CallApp will NOT post anything to your social profiles and will NOT send invites to your friends unless you authorize it.Moreover, CallApp does not store any login credentials on its servers; those are only stored locally on your device.
- Regardless if CallApp is installed and/or you have decided to share your contacts, you can still unlist your number from CallApp services by logging onto http://www.callapp.com/
unlistand CallApp will not search the Universal Contact Book for your phone. (NOTE, however, that your details may still be available to us through public and open directories).
- Like other Contact/Communication applications available on Google Play, CallApp is deeply integrated with the underlying operating system. Thus, it requires permissions for smooth and seamless integration with your phone. CallApp only requests the permissions that will provide you with the best calling experience.
CallApp Software Ltd. and its affiliates (“CallApp”, “we” or “us“) respect the privacy of the users of the CallApp’s software and services (together shall be regarded as the “Service“) and are committed to protect the information of its users(“User” or “you”). We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we collect when you download the Software and use our Service. The guidelines contained herein apply to your use of the Service. This policy is incorporated to the CallApp’s Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service” or the “Terms”).
The Service is not designed or intended for children under the age of thirteen (13). We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage to verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Service. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you may not download the Software or use the Software and Service, you may not use any feature of the Service that requires registration and you may not provide us with any of your personal details. CallApp will not knowingly collect any Personal Information (as defined below) of children under the age of thirteen (13).
1. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We collect two types of data and information:
a. The first type is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). To put it simply, we have no idea what is the identity of the User from which we have collected the Non-personal Information.
Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, as detailed below:
- Type of operating system of your mobile device (e.g. Android, Symbian,
Apple iOS, RIM BlackBerry, MeeGo, Windows Phone, or Bada)
- Type of Browser (e.g. Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Screen resolution
- Browser and keyboard language (e.g. English)
- Any Similar technical information pertaining to your mobile device.
- The functions and actions that the User uses on the Service (i.e. the fact that User has chosen to use a certain function or access a certain webpage, like Facebook).
- Any Similar behavioral information.
b. The other type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). To put it simply, this information may be used with reasonable efforts to identify an individual or may be considered to be of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of: (i) any personal details provided voluntarily by the User (e.g. User’s name, email address and phone number) including by registration to the Service, and if you are using CallApp Premium Service package (as defined in the Terms of Service) CallApp will also collect Personal Information pertaining to your Contacts, upon your prior permission and acceptance of the terms of the Premium Service; (ii) Personal Information associated with you and/or your Contacts (as applicable), that we gather from external Public Databases (as defined under the Terms of Service), like social networks (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Foursquare, Google+, etc.) to which the User or Contact is registered and other public resources. We also treat any email you may send to us as Personal Information.
2. Submission of Personal Information to CallApp: The Service is based on Users’ voluntary submissions that may include certain Personal Information of yours and, when using our Premium Service – also Personal Information of your Contacts. You may upload and share content such as your contact details and your Contacts’ details with other Users of the Service subject to your adherence with the Terms of Service. However, note that you have the control over the content that you wish to upload to the Service and that such content may be available to other Users of the Service and to CallApp. You acknowledge and declare that the content that you submit is not confidential and once uploaded to the Service you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. You must exercise caution and common sense when you submit Personal Information that may personally identify you or your Contacts. For the sake of clarification, any Non-personal Information combined with Personal Information shall be regarded as Personal information.
We will not collect any Personal Information from you without your approval. Among other things, we will not collect:
- Any text a User enters into search boxes.
- Any chat or other correspondence, notes or posts between a User and any third-party, published or un-published over the Internet.
3. How do we collect information on our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
a. We collect information while you download, install, access, activate or otherwise use the Service and the Software. In other words, when you download CallApp Software and access the Service we are aware of your usage of the Service, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage.
b. We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, when you wish to register to the Service, we will ask you to provide certain Personal Information which shall be kept on our servers. Each time you will be interested in providing a voluntarily information (including information pertaining to your Contacts, when you register to the Premium Service package), we may ask you to consent to the collection of such information.
4. What are the purposes of the collection of information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enhance the User’s experience on the Service (e.g. by determining the screen resolutions).
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on our Service (e.g. understand which function or social network is more popular than others).
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Personalize your experience on the Service as well as the experience of other Users.
- Provide you with certain information and services available only toregistered Users (like complementary Personal Information pertaining to your Contacts, like photo and email address).
- Share your submissions with other Users of the Service and to facilitate communication between you, your Contacts and other users.
- Allow us to contact you with proposals and tailored information regarding events, offers, etc.
- Identify you when conducting customer service operations (such as Software updates, providing Service feedback, etc.).
5. Sharing Personal Information with third parties
6. Deletion of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to delete your Personal Information from our Database and servers, you should send an email to: email@example.com, and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
7. Opting out of the Service
You may at all times opt out of the Service by uninstalling the Software from your mobile device, either by choosing the uninstall option on the Software, or by using the software removal option of the operating system of your mobile device. Upon un-installing the Software, we will no longer collect any further information from you, nor will we provide you with the Service, including with any information pertaining to your Contacts or other third parties who initiate phone calls with you.
8. Cookies & Local Storage
When you access to the Service, CallApp may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies”, Flash and/or Silverlight (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on your mobile device (“Local Storage“) and which will allow us to enable automatic sign-in to the Service, and make your browsing much more convenient and effortless. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash or Silverlight you should use the settings option of Flash/Silverlight according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash and/or Silverlight, your online experience may be limited.
We may also use certain third-party cookies. These are a different kind of cookies, which are stored on your mobile device by a third party site, rather than by the CallApp. This kind of cookie is updated each time you use CallApp’s Service, and also when you visit other website or access to other applications that uses similar cookies. Third-party cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc.
We take a great care in maintaining the security of the Service and the information you submit to the Service and in preventing unauthorized access to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
Users who have registered to the Service agree to keep their password in strict confidence and not disclose such password to any third party.
10. Third Party Sites
12. Report CallApp
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Service, then please contact CallApp at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Got any Questions?